It’s that time of the year again where people talk about the heart. Since we are on that season why don’t we take time to check and make an effort knowing how to take care of our hearts?
The Heart is a vital organ in a human’s body, that is why taking care of it should be our top priority. There are tons of ways on how to take care of your heart. One of it is to make sure that you’re eating the right food and getting the right nutrients to keep your heart healthy. I will share with you the Top 5 foods for the heart.
– Tomatoes are rich in Lycopene which has the ability in preventing cardiovascular diseases. There are studies claiming that including tomatoes in your daily diet will lower your bad cholesterol (LDL). Eating it fresh or taking in it’s extracts is the best way to get the full nutrients out of tomatoes
2. Almonds and Walnuts
– These kinds of nuts consists of unsaturated fats. Same as the tomatoes, it can help in toning down the bad cholesterol. If you want to avoid blood clots in your heart, you better opt to eat these as a snack instead of other junk foods. Almonds and Walnuts are also rich in vitamin E. One cause of heart attacks/diseases is when the plaques starts to develop in the arteries. The role of Vitamin E is is help your system not to develop plaques which might be a cause of heart attack. Apart from unsaturated fats it is also rich in Omega-3.
– You’re probably wondering why I included oatmeal here, since oats are well known for having lots of fiber, and some people might think that fiber is only great for bowel issues. But it’s more than just a fiber, Oats consists of soluble fiber which again can help your cholesterol (LDL) to go down. Perfect time for you to eat your oats is during breakfast.
– Always search for foods that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids if you want to complete your healthy heart diet. Allowing fish oil in your plate can reduce hypertension, which can lead to other heart diseases. But mind you, eating too much fish is not good also, because you don’t want to be overdosed with mercury.
5. Broccoli, Cauliflower
– Atherosclerosis is the a kind of disease where the plaques in your arteries builds up. This is something we don’t want to experience because it can actually lead to fatal heart attack. We want to make sure that our arteries are always unblocked and open. Other minerals found in broccoli are antioxidants, vitamins C and E.
Now that you know the foods that you should start eating to have a healthy heart, you should’t be ignoring your daily activities too. Because it’s not just the foods you take but also the activities that you do that matters. Everything should be balanced. Getting the right exercise, the number of hours you sleep, and of course how you control stress and emotions can also count in taking care of your heart.
What are you waiting for? Start including these Top 5 foods to make your heart healthy.