I know that some of you would agree that in weight loss, it is really 80% diet and 20% workout. To be on a healthy diet is not easy. It takes time to prepare, sometimes it can be more expensive compared to junk food. But, in this day and age, it is very important to watch what we’re eating. We want to make sure that you get the right nutrition and delicious at the same time.This Baked Chicken meal is ideal for meal preps, perfect for lunch or dinner. I came up with this recipe while I am also on a tight budget! So it’s not only healthy for your body but also healthy for your wallet hehe! If I will describe this dish, the chicken is semi-crunchy on the outside and juicy inside, The zest coming from the lemon gives it a unique taste.
-5 Chicken thigh
– Lemon zest/juice or (calamansi, if you’re from the tropics)
– 4 cloves of garlic minced
– 1 medium sized red onion
– 2 small to medium sized carrots
– Dried Thyme
– Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– Spring onions
-Pre-heat your oven to 250 degrees celsius for 10-15 minutes
– In a bowl, for at least 30 minutes marinade the chicken with lemon juice and minced garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Make sure to incorporate the juice, garlic and seasonings properly. Put in fridge.
– In a baking dish drizzle some extra virgin olive oil, and the rest of the seasonings.
-Place the marinated chicken in the baking dish with the lemon juice and garlic. bake for 45 hour under 190-250 degrees celsius, check if fully cooked.
– Pour the carrots and onions and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
– Serve in plate and enjoy
* For meal preps, you can add steamed greens on the side. For this particular one, I have steamed Chinese Bok Choy (pechay)
I hope you will include this Baked Chicken recipe for your prep meal cookbook.